Joss & Main Exclusive online private sales for the home

Friday, March 14, 2014

DIY Friday {#1}

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I pin soooo much stuff and then never look at it again.  I especially love pinning DIY projects, but I can never seem to actually complete any of the projects I pin.  So I am going to start my first series and feature my favorite DIY and home decor pins every Friday in hopes that forcing myself to go back and look at my pins will inspire me to attempt some of them.

My goal will be to complete at least one of my pins each month.  Not a very ambitious goal, I know, but I'm trying to be realistic here!  By the way, if you don't already, please follow me on Pinterest!

Here are my picks for my first "DIY Friday"!

Hanging Rope Shelves
Source: Casa Cullen
I want to make these for behind the toilet in my master bathroom.  It looks so easy and the nautical-type ropes would go perfect with my beach theme.

Black Glam Nail Polish Display
Source: Etsy
I can't think of a spot to put this at the moment, but I'm picturing my dozens of nail polish bottles that are currently thrown into random drawers and how cute they would look all lined up on the wall like at a salon.

DIY Canvas Art

Source: Cutting Edge Stencils Blog
I don't necessarily love this pattern, but I have been dying to try some DIY wall art.  I feel like the geometric stenciled kind would be a good place to start.  Have any of you tried your hand at painting?

What's your track record for following through with things you pin?

5 comments:

  1. If you make the nail polish display will you please please please post the how to? I am dead set on becoming a DIY'er, but with zero experience! What girl doesn't need a fabulous place for her polish?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea for the nail polish display!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that rope shelf, I re pinned it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally understand how it's so easy to pin... but not so easy to get them done. I created a "Pins I've Used" board to make me feel a little more accomplished, lol. Can't wait to see what you decide to tackle.
    - Lora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea... once I get a few "completions" under my belt I am totally starting a board like that!

      Delete

I am so thrilled that you stopped by and I loooove comments! Leave me some love and I will respond shortly. Peace and love – Colette.