Joss & Main Exclusive online private sales for the home

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Deck is Complete!!

Our bi-level, TimberTech XML, waterproof deck with "wedding cake steps" and storage underneath is finally completely finished!  I could not be happier with how the whole thing (especially the fancy steps) turned out. 

If you missed the journey of the deck, you can read all about the building process here:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

Sorry in advance for the barrage of photos... I'm a bit obsessed...

Tell me those steps aren't sexy!
Side view of the steps!
Now you see it...
Now you don't.
These next photos are not deck related, but this is the first time in my life that I have successfully grown something, so I have to share how great our flowers and veggie garden are doing...

The things in the middle are daisies and they are soooooo close to blooming!  That bright green stuff is potato vine and it's my new favorite plant.  The color just makes you smile :).
So pretty... I love bright colors!
Look how close the daisies are to blooming!!

Gregory watering the veggies!
We picked our first heads of broccoli yesterday and it was so good!
Potatoes!  Who knew potato stalks grew so big!
This has absolutely nothing to do with the deck, but I just thought it was cool that there's a beer named after me (which I am drinking as we speak :)).  And there's a tiny bit more of a peek at the family room progress.
I wish you could all come over to hang out on our deck and drink Colette beer!!

Update: A complete price breakdown of our deck can be found here.

20 comments:

  1. Omg it is absolutely beautiful! I can't put into words how amazed I am! I mean the whole concept was absolutely perfect. Wow! I'm so happy for you. It's just beautiful! I know you are so proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joiful... you're too sweet. I am very proud! It was a lot of hardwork but totally worth it in the end!

      Delete
  2. Looks brilliant! Great job!

    Btw, since you're not far from us, we'd love to pop over and check it out. We're starting to think about our deck plans soon and since we have similar houses and you design came out great, we may pick your brain.. if that's okay with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Shoot me an email at gregandcolette(at)Hotmail.com.

      Delete
  3. The deck is amazing!! The garden looks great. Everything tastes better when you grow it yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, wow!! Seriously!! Those steps are super sexy!! And that just looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This thing is totally awesome. Phenomenal work you have done with this. This would put most professional installers to shame. Honestly, not only does it look perfectly designed, it is also using top notch materials and adding an incredible value to the house.. Your handy work will create deep holes in our pockets as we try to imitate what you have done with this outdoor living space.

    You had mentioned a while back you would post project costs and all that, did you do that elsewhere already or is that still to come?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ella May! Project costs still to come! We had a "deck-warming" party last weekend so we had been working furiously to get the finishing touches on before that. I should have more time for blogging now!

      Delete
  6. O M G, I am blown away!!! that is simply fantastic...!! I know it took a long time........you should be very proud of yourself...you would have paid very big money to have it done by a company.......Oh I know this!!

    Awesome job...green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT DECK IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! great job on it !!! I agree with Ella MAy, you would put some contractors to shame!!!!! Amazing job !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING! So beautiful!!! I love that storage! I can't believe you did that yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. INCREDIBLE! That is a beautiful deck and to think you built that! You guys can go in business with deck building. And you have a garden? Wow, I'm beyond impressed…you deserved the beer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is.....GORGEOUS! I WANT ONE!!! Also, it was genius to store your lawnmower underneath! Is it hard to get it out of there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just the right height that it's easy to forget you can't stand up straight without hitting your head. I hit my head about 4 times going in and out of there last weekend. lol. I plan on letting Greg do most of the work under there anyway :). But, no it's pretty easy to get the mowers in and out since the gate space is so wide.

      Delete
  11. Such great work. Your deck is beautiful. I'm really jealous of that outdoor space. You will really have a great place to gather with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your deck is gorgeous! In fact, some of your photos looked to me like they were a computer-aided drawing for some hardscaping/deck building company! So perfect, and I'm completely jealous. Our backyard is still mud and straw. I'm also totally jealous of your wonderful garden - I wish we had the yard for that! Enjoy your summer in your awesome backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your house color and deck! We are just building our new house. May I ask what color exterior you used? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much @sterlingquad! Our exterior color was something-clay... I can't remember what the exact name was so sorry!

      Delete

I am so thrilled that you stopped by and I loooove comments! Leave me some love and I will respond shortly. Peace and love – Colette.